Conversion Rate Improvement Through Time-Based Heuristics
Develop heuristics for tracking user/product interaction over time to improve product targeting and conversion.
- Identify how to entice users to convert.
- Develop heuristics to give insight into platform performance.
- Provide direction on how these heuristics could be used for long-term product targeting.
- Identify business and engineering objectives of heuristic definition.
- Analyze data set for signals showing strong correlation to user engagement and conversion.
- Develop heuristics based on signals that:
- Can be tracked to generate snapshots of system performance.
- Provide meaningful insights to C-suite stakeholders.
- Are relevant to engineering efforts and can be used in predictive models.
The completed heuristics drove the following improvements:
- Re-focus of product targeting based on heuristically-defined window of time when users were most likely to convert.
- Ability to develop predictive models for user conversion events based on heuristics.
- Improved data collection to improve accuracy of user conversion prediction.
- Re-targeting of products to specific user groups to improve conversion.
“I worked together with Sev for several months on a data science project for an Internet startup. During our joint work, Sev exhibited the following attributes: tenacity–approaching data exploration challenges from multiple perspectives until it yielded actionable insights; integrity–never letting a strange result slide (even if positive), digging until it either exposed a bug or a new understanding; and resourcefulness–exhibiting a strong desire and ability to learn and use new tools to crack hard problems. My time with Sev with very gratifying and I would gladly serve as a reference for future customers or employers.” – Eitan. F. Founder, Speculative Execution LLC